Be Fair Shreveport Religious Forum
Tuesday, August 28th at 5:30pm.
610 Commerce St., Shreveport, Louisiana 71101
Our moderator will Dr. Michelle Wolkomir of Centenary College.
With the following panelists:
Dr. David Rowe, President, Centenary College
Rabbi Dr. Jana L. De Benedetti, B’nai Zion Congregation
Chaplain Roosevelt Seaberry, Director, Pastoral Care Services, LSU Health Shreveport
Rev. Barbara Jarrell, All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church
Rev. Kenneth Paul, Rector Emeritus, Church of the Holy Cross, Episcopal
Be Fair Shreveport is a joint project of Forum For Equality and People Acting for Change and Equality (P.A.C.E.). Be Fair Shreveport is about building and supporting the values of fairness and diversity in our community.
BeFair Shreveport Project: PACE and Forum for Equality Announce Business Forum on the Economic Benefits of a Diverse Workforce
PACE in conjunction with Forum for Equality will hold a public forum on the benefits of a diverse workforce in advancing economic development. Discussing how businesses can attract the “creative class” of highly talented, high tech knowledge-based workers will be panelists:
- Brandon Oldenburg, Oscar winner and co-founder of Moonbot Studios;
- Angelita Jackson, HR Director, City of Shreveport;
- John Grindley, Executive Director, CoHabitat;
- DeAnn Arnold, former HR Director, LSUS and doctoral student in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, LA Tech;
- Richard Brower, National Director for LGBT Marketing, Harrah’s.
The panel will be moderated by:
- Dr. Kelly Weeks, Associate Professor of Business at Centenary College’s Frost School of Business. Dr. Weeks has a Ph.D. from the University of Memphis in Management with specializations in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources. A good profile of Dr. Weeks is here: http://www.centenary.edu/stories/faculty/kweeks
The Business Forum will be held at 5:30 pm, Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at CoHabitat, 610 Commerce St., in downtown Shreveport. The forum is free, and everyone who is interested in economic development is encouraged to attend.